I am Amy Christine Nana Abena N’teye Jones Jung.
- Amy Christine Jones – Maiden name
- Abena – “day name” received on arrival in Pusupu, Ghana
- Amy Christine Jung – Married name
- Nana Abena N’teye – honorary title and name given to honor my deceased father. “Queen Mother, born on a Tuesday, You have done a great thing.”
- Amy Nana Jung – pen name acknowledging the cultural complexity of names and naming
As a child, I was raised among multiple cultures as the eldest (and only girl) of five children of Protestant Christian Missionaries who worked for a decade to bring a printed New Testament into the hands of a previously oral-only group of people, who call themselves the Ntrubo. This upbringing impacts all other aspects of my existence in marvelous, peculiar, and excruciating ways.
Now, I am an Assistant Professor, Director of Forensics, Researcher, Mother, friend, and skeptic.